코로나19 전문가: 한국의 ‘서울형 모델’과 2022 전망
Over the last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, many people around the world have been confused by conflicting messages and measures by authorities.
Seeking out the voice of reason, truth and logic, societies are turning to scientists.
Devi Sridhar is a professor at the University of Edinburgh Medical School and holds a Personal Chair in Global Public Health. She is the founding director of the Global Health Governance Programme.
Professor Sridhar has been a leading figure in the fight against the virus, as an advisor to governments and a trusted voice in global media her commentaries making headlines here in South Korea.
1. You wrote about how the “Seoul model” was an exemplary response to the COVID-19 pandemic. What made it stand out to you?
2. Despite 90 percent of the country’s adult population having been vaccinated, the number of people contracting COVID has been hitting record highs every day in South Korea. What would you advise as the way forward for South Korea (and other countries in the same situation), in terms of whether or not to go back into lockdown mode?
3. Your book Preventable will be hitting bookshelves in May. It focuses on how global politics shapes public health. What is one major change you would like to see among global decision-makers the next time we face a global health crisis?
4. How should governments support and work with scientists from the initial stage of the pandemic?
5. You’ve emphasised how the infection cases we talk about every day are actual people. Our family, friends and neighbours. In what ways have we overlooked people? Who have been the most disadvantaged?
6. The WHO has said Omicron seems to have a growth advantage, compared to the more deadly Delta variant. Could the spread of the milder Omicron kill off Delta? Or is this just wishful thinking?
7. This pandemic is stretching on longer than generally predicted. How has this virus surprised you or changed your views as a scientist?
8. Next year will mark the third year of the pandemic, and many worry it will be another year of masks, boosters and uncertainty. Is there anything we can be optimistic about?
#Global_Insight #COVID19 #DeviSridhar
Arirang News(Facebook) :
Arirang News(Twitter) :
News Center(YouTube) :
2021-12-15, 08:00 (KST)
Originally published at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z6wTamlSzY